Graduate of a Counselling Therapy Master’s Program in the United States
- A complete initial registration/licensure application, which is generated automatically once the form is completed. The application must include all required documents (including those submitted through a third-party.
- Application fee of $165.00 (CDN). An automated invoice will be sent upon final submission of the application. Review of the application will begin following payment.
- Proof of legal name, which may be in the form of a government issued birth certificate, marriage license, or legal affidavit.
- Proof of identification, which may be in the form of a copy of a driver’s license, passport, or other government-issued photo identification.
- Evidence of Canadian citizenship of legal entitlement to live and work in Canada, which may be in the form of a Canadian Birth Certificate or documentation from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
- Verification of registration/licensure with all other healthcare professional regulators with whom you are currently registered (if applicable)
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check or International Criminal Record search with Vulnerable Record Check current within three months prior to the application. Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector checks can be ordered here.
- Proof of Professional Liability Insurance of not less than $1,000,000.
- Agreement of an NSCCT approved candidacy supervisor. A list of approved candidacy supervisors can be found here
- An official transcript from a degree-granting institution indicating successful completion of all required graduate courses and confirmation that the counselling therapy master’s degree has been conferred. *
- A completed Graduate Course Description Form meeting the published Graduate Course Content Requirements. Note: The Graduate Course Description Form is NOT required for graduates of a counselling therapy master’s program listed in the Schedule of Approved Programs
- Any additional information required by the Registrar, Registration Committee or Registration Appeals Committee, when the application file is being assessed for completion.
- Complete applications are generally processed within ten business days.
- On approval of the application, you will receive an automated invoice for the annual registration/licensing fee of $350 (prorated to the approval date).
- Your license will take effect when the College receives evidence that you are resident in Nova Scotia and after all fees have been paid. An automated receipt will be generated.
- Following payment of all fees, you will receive a welcome package by email and your proposed candidacy supervisor will be notified of your status. You will be issued a Registration Certificate by mail and also asked to complete a Supplemental Data Questionnaire.