Public Access Registry
The Nova Scotia College of Registered Counselling Therapists does not make recommendations or referrals about individual Counselling Therapists. The purpose of this registry is to provide the public with a way to search the registration status and discipline record of all Counselling Therapists licensed to practice in the province of Nova Scotia. The registry will soon be updated to provide information that may be useful to those seeking the services of a Registered Counselling Therapist.
Important Note: Members of the public are encouraged to protect their safety by ensuring that they receive counselling therapy services from a licensed professional. Only those names listed in this registry are licensed to call themselves Registered Counselling Therapists (RCT) or Registered Counselling Therapist-Candidates (RCT-C) and to practice “counselling therapy” in the province of Nova Scotia.
- Registered Counselling Therapist (RCT) – Fully licensed to practice independently
- Registered Counselling Therapist – Candidate (RCT-C) – Licensed to practice under indirect supervision
Affiliate (non-licensed) Categories
- Student Affiliate (SA) – Interested counselling graduate student (Not licensed to practice Counselling Therapy)
- Associate Affiliate (AA) – Interested members of the public or other health professions (Not licensed to practice Counselling Therapy)
- Retired Affiliate (RA) – Previously licensed registrants wanting to remain connected to the College (Not licensed to practice as a Counselling Therapist)
- Honorary Affiliate (HA) – Awarded by the Board of Directors to non-registrants in recognition of their service to the College.